Tauragė District Municipality, in cooperation with the Lithuanian Consumers’ Alliance, is launching an Energy Advice Resource Centre unlike any other in Lithuania. The center aims to provide energy and environmental information to the inhabitants of Tauragė Municipality and support them in making more sustainable choices.
“Tauragė community is determined to become the greenest municipality in Lithuania. We plan to become a climate-neutral and smart city by 2030. We will receive funding from Horizon Europe for citizen engagement towards CO₂ neutrality. Experience from European countries shows that one effective way of engaging citizens is through the establishment of Energy Advice Resource Centres. I am pleased that this has been given a boost by the non-governmental organization Consumers’ Alliance” – Dovydas Kaminskas, Tauragė Mayor
The Consumer Alliance is implementing the Horizon 2020-funded ComAct project in Tauragė Municipality to support citizens with implementing energy-efficient measures.
“We see the particular importance of municipalities in accelerating renovation processes. Municipal administrations and municipal companies are at the forefront of advising citizens on social and energy issues. We are pleased about the open and fruitful dialogue with Tauragė Municipality, which has resulted in a citizen-oriented resource center. We very much hope that Tauragė’s example will inspire other municipalities and that more such resource centers will be established” – Kęstutis Kupšys, Vice President of the Consumer Alliance and member of the European Economic and Social Committee.
The Tauragė Energy Advice Resource Centre will be located in the premises of the Birutė Baltrušaitytė Public Library of Tauragė District Municipality. Experts from Tauragė Heat Networks and the municipality will advise pre-registered residents and the Consumer Alliance’s energy-saving helpline on weekdays.
The opening event will take place on Friday, 19 May, 11.00-12.30 at Republikas g. 3, Tauragė (Tauragė District Municipality Birutė Baltrušaitytė Public Library).
The program of the event:
– Founders’ declaration signing;
– Panel discussion on “How to effectively provide advice to residents, accelerating renovation, saving energy and involving local communities”.
The event will include:
- Inga Žilienė, Deputy Minister of Energy
- Dovydas Kaminskas, Mayor of Tauragė District Municipality
- Gintarė Burbienė, Head of the Department of Energy Efficiency of Buildings of the Environment Project Management Agency
- Agnė Bagočiutė, Advisor of the Lithuanian Energy Agency
- Eglė Randytė, Director of Atnaujinkime miestą
- Audrius Arcišauskas, Director of UAB Tauragės šilumos tinklai
- Kęstutis Kupšys, Member of the European Economic and Social Committee and Vice President of the Consumer Alliance.